Key Characteristics of the Medical Industry
Websites for medical professionals such as doctors, pediatricians, plastic surgeons, dentists, orthodontists or chiropractors are on the uptick. More and more healthcare professionals are turning to the Internet to market their practice, attract new patients and provide information to the public. These websites are the outward face for these practices and often a visitor’s first impression of the medical professional, healthcare facility or hospital it represents. People are looking for quality, above all else, and a certain level of trust when choosing where to go for their healthcare or dental needs. It is important that the marketing and optimization of a medical website is handled by someone who understands the nature of the industry and the nature of the searcher.
Connection between SEO and the Medical Industry
SEO is a valuable tool for healthcare professionals because it connects patients and providers. There are many variations of keywords and keyphrases that Internet searchers use to find healthcare providers, ranging from doctor type (such as “plastic surgeon”) to procedure type (such as “rhinoplasty”) paired with any number of locality specifications. We can narrow down an overwhelming amount of potential keywords to a manageable list that can be effectively targeted both onsite and offsite. This allows patients to find the doctors, dentists and facilities they are actually looking for.
Strategies for Healthcare Websites
- Websites that are professional, informative and easy to navigate.
- Keyword research to discover what patients are searching for in your area.
- Press Releases to announce a new healthcare facility or draw attention to services and procedures that the public may be interested in.
- Blog & social media development that allows patients to connect with their provider on a personal level.
- Local SEO on Google Places, Yahoo! Maps and Bing Local.