A successful SEO campaign is dead in the water without regular analytics. By determining the effects of optimizing and marketing on the success of that website, we can focus on the techniques that work best for a given site and come up with a scalable search engine optimization plan.
Our SEO experts analyze the implementation of the following techniques:
- Linking – new campaigns and established links
- Ad Placement – PPC, Google Adwords, Ads purchased from targeted websites
- Content Generation – Blogging, Articles and Press Releases
- Web Design and Site Structure – Is it operating at it’s full potential?
We utilize various SEO and webmaster tools to measure site metrics, such as Google Analytics, Yahoo! Site Explorer and Bing Webmaster Center. While the measurement of this analytics data will vary depending on client need, we routinely check the following:
- Site Visitors – What do visitors do when they visit the site? Which page to they land on initially? How long do they stay on these pages? How many pages do they visit?
- Repeat/New Visitor Ratio – Are we attracting new customers? Is the site liked and memorable?
- Direct/Referral/Search Engine Traffic – Where are we getting most of the traffic? What areas can we improve on?
- Keywords & Key Phrases – What do people search for when they find the site? What should we focus on for future campaigns?
- Ad Effectiveness – Are your PPC or Google Adwords campaigns working? Which ads are actually providing a return on your investment?
- Conversion Rates – How many visitors sign up for the service or buy the product advertised?
This information creates a detailed view of the overall “health” of a site, and provides possible explanation for trends in the ranking of specific keywords and phrases. At A Rank above, we provide regular progress reports to I clients so they can see exactly what we’re doing, if it’s working, and get an idea of options and plans we’re formulating for future SEO/SEM campaigns.