Key Characteristics of the Luxury Industry
Branding is one of the most important parts of the luxury industry. The brand must instill a level of quality and craftsmanship that is unparalleled by any other company. Additionally, luxury brands can offer a level of singular distinction; these luxury businesses offer products and amenities that are wholly unique, that many consumers don’t even know exist. Like any other business, these companies must be able to reach their targeted audience. With the Internet and Social Media, luxury brands have been able to connect with their customers in a way they haven’t been able to before.
Connection between SEO and the Luxury Industry
Luxury brands, or websites that provide luxury products or services, usually offer big-ticket items and seemingly have a smaller customer base. While the luxury marketplace has a select audience, even more mainstream shoppers will make big expenditures from time to time. These shoppers rely on the Internet to research their purchases before taking the plunge. For this reason, search engine marketing is vital for luxury websites. Luxury websites also have a good amount of money available for advertising, design and branding, but regardless of the funds available, the website will need a solid SEO foundation to be successful.
Strategies for Luxury Websites
- Design that is both stunning and crawlable by search engines including relevant content, html structure and text links.
- Mobile SEO or optimization for mobile devices to insure that the websites are still accessible and well designed when viewed in different formats.
- SEM and PPC that is balanced by clever organic search engine optimization.
- Keyword research and research within the market to find what people like and what people are looking for.
- Reputation management to help brands keep their customers engaged.