Key Characteristics of the Legal Industry
Having a presence online is vital to remain competitive in today’s market. Many lawyers and attorneys have not made the leap to digital; ignoring this world translates to a major disadvantage. Larger law firms may have their own marketing or PR departments, but television commercials and print ads only go so far. Smaller firms can take heart in knowing that hiring an SEO company does not need to be expensive. The Internet can be an equalizer, allowing lesser known, new or boutique lawyers and attorneys compete with the big guys.
Connection between SEO and the Legal Industry
In today’s modern world, when someone needs to find a lawyer, they are likely to do one of 2 things: 1) Ask for a recommendation from a friend, family or a colleague or 2) Do a search on the Internet for the specific kind of lawyer they need and the city they live in. While personal recommendations are always appreciated, this kind of lead cannot be directly marketed; there is huge potential in search engine marketing for lawyers, however. We have experience building websites and creating a search engine presence for lawyers and law firms. While many Legal SEOs will gladly take on two attorneys in the same locality, know that at ARankAbove, we follow a no-compete policy. We want your firm to do well, so we will never provide SEO services for two lawyers, attorneys or law firms in the same area.
SEO Strategies for Legal Professionals
- Setting up an attorney website or updating an existing site to SEO standards while creating a modern, user-friendly site. (see our site review option).
- Content creation, press releases and article writing to bring information on your firm to the public.
- Local Search marketing with Google Local, Yahoo Places and Bing Maps.
- Targeting keywords to locality and lawyer specialty (divorce, family law, personal injury, bankruptcy, etc).
- SEM services such as PPC (pay per click) and Google Adwords.